Environmental Management at Denny Bros Engineering: challenging the Carbon Footprint
Denny Bros Engineering as part of Fix-a-Form International is proud to have held ISO 14001:2015 accreditation since Nov 2018. Holding this standard demonstrates the high environmental management procedures we maintain across the business with the clear objective of minimising any adverse impacts on the environment by:
- Preventing pollution, reducing energy used, reducing waste and ensuring, wherever practical, that measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna;
- Considering the effects that our operations many have on the local community;
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our staff, suppliers, contractors and partners;
- Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner;
- Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting.
- Demonstrate continual improvement in our environmental performance.
Since 2015, the Denny Bros Group has been leading the way in producing renewable energy with 45% of electricity used on site produced by our 300kw of solar PV generation. From the first of January 2019, all energy consumption on site became sourced from renewable energy tariffs.
For Denny Bros Engineering, being ISO 14001 certified not only shows our compliance with the current and future statutory and regulatory requirements. It also benefits our business, not just by protecting our community and surroundings, but also by making the day to day running of the business operations more efficient and sustainable.
Less than 4% of our waste goes to landfill. All waste is segregated including coolant, different metal scrap & swarf, cable, electronics, paper and plastics for processing by specialist contractors as we continue progressing towards our zero to landfill aim.
Environmental Management is just a part of our Corporate Social Responsibilities. You can read more about these here: https://www.dennybros.com/corporate-social-responsibility/